TheRightDoctors Logo
Pre Alpha
Insights from the world's best medical minds
nine

Dr. S Ramakrishnan: After Discharge Of A STEMI Patient… Story Continues

‘Will I get another attack?’ is the worry of most patients
Dr.Ramakrishnan,Additional Professor, Department of. Cardiology, AIIMS Organizing Secretary,Cardiac Prevent,Essential Drugs to be prescribed on Discharge in Patients with ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction
Pause
Love It
Download

Supported by an Unrestricted
Educational Grant from

Glenmark Logo

Dr. S Ramakrishnan

Additional Professor, Department of. Cardiology, AIIMS

AIIMS Organizing Secretary,Cardiac Prevent 2015


“Antiplatelets, dual antiplatelets, statins, ACE inhibitors and the beta-blockers are important drugs prescribed for almost all STEMI patients,” Dr. S Ramakrishnan says. “Smokers must be urged to quit smoking to prevent a repeat attack,” he adds. To reassure STEMI patients who are unable to get back to routine life because of fear of a repeat event, Dr. Ramakrishnan shows the bright side. “Your chance of having an attack is only 5% in five years. But your chance of not having an attack is 95%,” he tells them. Appointing a dietician or paramedic for oneself is also recommended to initiate lifestyle modification and prevent a repeat event.


Mail us at editorial@therightdoctors.com. Stay updated on Facebook , Twitter , You Tube and LinkedIn.

Join TheRightDoctors on WhatsApp. Type "JOIN" and send to 9676401536

Chronic Total Occlusion

Dr. Samin Sharma In Conversation with Dr.Brian Pinto

Pause
Love It
Download

Supported by an Unrestricted
Educational Grant from

Glenmark Logo

Dr. Samin Sharma

Interventional Cardiologist,

Mount Sinai Hospital, US

Dr. Brian Pinto

Chief of Cardiology

Holy Family Hospital, Mumbai



Join TheRightDoctors on WhatsApp. Type "JOIN" and send to 9676401536